Welcome to the Arizona Asthma & Allergy Institute
Join a great team.
Arizona Asthma & Allergy Institute is one of the leading centers for the diagnosis and treatment of asthma, allergy, immunodeficiencies and other respiratory diseases.
We have 5 Phoenix Valley Allergy & Asthma locations and are continuing to grow.
We’re a fun and family oriented practice with great benefits to offer.
We’re Currently Hiring For The Following Positions:
Patient Scheduler and Insurance Verification Specialist (Peoria Office)
Position Summary: This non-exempt position is responsible for performing the daily operations of the front office and various duties as assigned by management. This position is responsible for the timely verification of medical insurance benefits, updating insurance information in the Practice Management system, contacting patients about out-of-pockets costs and collecting applicable cost share amounts of the phone. The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be and exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills.
Reports To: Director of Human Resources
Experience: At least two years of directly related experience.Preferably 3 years of experience performing insurance verification or working with medical insurance programs.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for scheduling new and follow-up patient visits according to practice guidelines.
- Notify patients with scheduling changes and reschedule.
- Inform patients of the information they are required to provide prior to patient visit including: referral/authorization information, insurance information, medical history.
- Inform patient that co-payment and deductibles are collected at the time of service.
- Assure auto-patient phone messaging system is initiated daily.
- Assist with training staff.
- Provide coverage for other Front Office positions.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Contacting insurance companies to verify and/or obtain patient eligibility and benefits.
Determining insurance compatibility with health-care provider programs.
Placing the benefits retrieved into the patient’s account.
Re-verifying existing patient insurance coverage.
Preparation of the Patient Estimate for upcoming visits.
Contacting patients about their out of pocket costs and collecting applicable co-pays, co-insurance and deductibles or/or setting up payment arrangements for services.
Handle incoming calls from patients with questions about their coverage.
Work task list from physicians, nurses and other staff related to insurance coverage.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Experience with practice management scheduling software and multi-line telephone systems.
- Basic knowledge of word processing and Excel spreadsheets also required.
- Must be a self-started with a positive, service-oriented attitude.
- The ability to follow practice scheduling guidelines.
- Basic understanding of insurance referral and authorization requirements.
- Solid understanding of the various types of insurance (Medicare, Medicaid, HMO, PPO, HDHPs etc.).
- Attention to detail
- Typing and computer experience
- Understanding of insurance terminology and coordination of benefits.
- Strong communication skills.
- Must be a team player with a positive attitude
High school diploma or GED
OSHA Category 3: Involves no regular exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissues, and tasks that involve exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissues are not a condition of employment.
Please contact Jessica Chavez at firstname.lastname@example.org (ext. 1016).