Our Arizona weather is warming up, so everyone wants to open up the doors and windows to take a breath of fresh air. If you suffer from allergies, asthma or eczema, this act will likely increase those Spring sniffles, wheezing and itchy rashes. Who says we don’t have four seasons in Arizona? Well if depends on what kind of seasons you are referring to. Here is Arizona we have four allergy seasons, because our temperatures don’t get below freezing enough to make most of the plants and weeds go dormant. So how do we enjoy our beautiful Spring here in the desert without feeling miserable? Implement these tips and you are likely to enjoy our warm weather with a clearer head, lungs and skin.
1) Keep your windows and doors shut at least during the peak pollen count times of day: late morning, early afternoon and on winndy days. You can sign up on the American Academy of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology’s website or smart phone apps to receive notifications about airborne allergens in your area.
2) Consider using 3M filtrate filters in your home to trap about 30% more allergens and a small room air purifier with a HEPA air filter, especially in the bedroom.
3) Vacuum frequently, preferably with a model that uses a HEPA filter.
4) Keep animals out of the bedroom, even if you’re not allergic to pets. They bring pollens into your room and onto you bed. Bathe your pet once weekly to keep pet dander to a minimum.
5) Wash all bedding once a week in hot water and consider using an allergen-proof pillow case/mattress cover.
6) Regularly launder window coverings, such as curtains and dust or wipe to clean blinds.
7) Change clothes and shower before bed to remove pollen from hair and skin.
Reducing exposure to pollens is the key to managing allergies, but the fact is we can’t live in a bubble. Your allergists here at AAAI will assist you in optimally controlling your symptoms. Schedule an appointment with one of our providers to further discuss preventative and treatment recommendations.
http://azsneeze.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/seasonalallergies2.jpg800697AZSneezehttp://azsneeze.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/azsneeze_logo.pngAZSneeze2015-03-27 16:54:162017-05-17 11:45:53Spring Cleaning To Reduce Your Spring Sniffles
CONNECT WITH US
Get a custom report of the pollen count in your area.