Did you know that 8 foods account for 90% of serious allergic reactions?
If you are allergic to a particular food, you may experience any of the following symptoms:
- Itchy mouth
- Swelling of the lips, tongue, and throat
- Vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal cramps and pain
- Hives (welts), itchy rashes
- Persistent eczema
- Tightening of the throat, trouble breathing, wheezing, coughing
- Sneezing, hoarseness, nasal congestion
- Drop in blood pressure, fainting, weak pulse
- A severe allergic reaction known as anaphylaxis.
It’s important to know the difference between food allergies, food intolerance and other adverse reactions to food, so that you can seek a proper diagnosis and treatment from your doctor.
Arizona Asthma & Allergy Institute is one of the leading centers for the diagnosis and treatment of asthma, allergies, immunodeficiency & other respiratory conditions.
Recognized in Phoenix Magazine’s list of Top Doctors 16 years in a row, our team of highly trained physicians, immunologists, nurses, and technicians are committed to providing you with the highest quality of care to help you breathe easier.
If you’re ready to reclaim your life from allergies, we’re ready to help you do so!