AFTER HOURS ON-CALL PROCEDURES
- AAAI providers take call for patients after the close of office hours for emergencies.
- We advise patients who have an emergency to first call 911, or go directly to the nearest Emergency Room or Urgent Care Center, as this is will provide the best care.
- We are available to speak to patients after hours for non-emergent or urgent matters until 10:00 pm, Monday through Friday.
- At other hours, or on weekends and holidays, AAAI providers will be available only to speak to physicians and pharmacies that are involved with our patients’ care, for purposes of consultation.
- We do not do routine medication refills or prescribe antibiotics after office hours. If these are urgently needed after office hours, the patient should seek immediate medical evaluation by another physician.