Many people have an immune deficiency that goes undiagnosed as they are not regularly following up with their physician or their physician is not doing the appropriate immunology work up to make the diagnosis.
Our Physicians are not only Board Certified in Asthma and Allergy but are also Board Certified in Immunology. We are experts in evaluating the immune system. If you or a family member have any of the signs listed below you may have a weak immune system that should be further evaluated and treated.
Important signs that may indicate an immune deficiency include:
• Recurrent, unusual or difficult to treat infections
• Poor growth or loss of weight
• Recurrent pneumonia, ear infections or sinusitis
• Multiple courses of antibiotics or IV antibiotics necessary to clear infections
• Recurrent deep abscesses of the organs or skin
• A family history of immune deficiency
• Swollen lymph glands or an enlarged spleen
• Autoimmune disease